Panorama Mesdag - Museum
Dive into the world of 19th-century art at Panorama Mesdag in The Hague. This unique museum houses the famous panoramic painting by Mesdag, a masterpiece that spectacularly transports visitors back to Scheveningen in 1881.
What Can You Expect?
- Iconic Artwork: The centerpiece of the museum is the gigantic panorama, one of the oldest 19th-century panoramas in its original location. Standing at 14 meters in height and spanning 120 meters in circumference, it offers a 360-degree view of the sea, dunes, The Hague, and the old fishing village of Scheveningen.
- Historical Significance: Panorama Mesdag is a cultural heritage and provides a unique glimpse into Dutch landscape and life in the late 19th century.
- More Than Just a Panorama: In addition to the famous panorama, there are rotating exhibitions and a permanent collection featuring works by Hendrik Willem Mesdag, his wife Sientje Mesdag-van Houten, and contemporaries.
- Interactive Experience: The museum offers an interactive experience where visitors can learn more about the history and technique behind the panorama.
- Educational Programs: There are educational activities and tours available for both children and adults, providing a deeper understanding of this unique art form.
Visit Panorama Mesdag for a unique art experience that takes you on a journey through time. Stand face to face with the imposing panorama and be swept away by the beautiful details and historical richness of this Dutch masterpiece.
For information:Zeestraat 65, Den Haag
tel. +31 703 106 665
web. More information